Monday, July 11, 2011

Product Review–HTC Sensation

htc-sensation-1

Now, when I started this, I was sure to have a few blog on product reviews. Items I am currently using, or I get a sneak peak too. A few I have coming up are for the Acer Tablet, and hopefully another tablet that I am not going to mention…. yet!

Last night I was invited to an event for the HTC Sensation. Like around 40% of phones in the Australian Market, the Sensation runs Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) version of software. It has a 4.3” screen (HUGE, but easy to handle) quite light weight (148gms) and is SUPER fast.

The Sensation is the first HTC to run a 1.2gHz Dual Core processer, which enables a really (REALLY) fast interface. The phone joins the Motorola Atrix and Samsung S2 as Dual core phones, even leaving behind iPhone4, which is a 1gHz processer, and on their launch, was only catching up to a number of Android phones that were using a 1gHz process.

I found a few things to my liking last night.

1) The Price – $0 on a Telstra $79 Freedom cap or around $792rrp (check with your retailer though)

2) The Features – Dual Core, qHD screen 4.3” screen (with gorilla glass to make it very scratch resistant, HTC Sense (with 3D looking weather), 8MP camera, 1080p HD Video recording (not new, but great viewing on the qHD screen) and HD voice call ability,

3) Android – I am a self proclaimed Android fan boy. I like the openness of the platform for developers, the fact that around 70% of apps are free, and I can personalise the phone to how I want it…. not how Jobsy wants us to use it. I think there are benefits to Apple (for their fan boys), but Android certainly have a number of low end handsets from HTC, Sony Ericsson and Huawei to allow beginners the ability to have it in their hands.

If you currently use iTunes (i don't) but you can easily transfer all of our Music from that system either using HTC Sync, or a 3rd party app available on the market place i.e. double twist. This will allow all of the Apple Phone 3 customers to transfer over seamlessly.

When you are in the market for a new phone, all the Telstra Stores, in fact most phone stores now have active units to try. So read your blogs, do the re-search, but play with a phone and don't just buy it ‘cause everyone else has one’, or because it looks pretty…. chances are it will cost you the amount of the phone when you drop it if that's the case (probably made from glass)

That’s it for now, so go out there and try it if you are in the market for a new phone! Ill be getting mine tomorrow!!

HANDY LINKS:

Android Market Place (on computer) - https://market.android.com/

HTC home page – http://www.htc.com/au/

Squawk done

No comments:

Post a Comment